- Writer's Workshop by Lucy Calkins
- We will focus on writing in narrative, persuasive, opinion, and expository styles, as well as poetry.
- Students will have instruction in developing ideas, organizing writing with graphic organizers, drafting, revising and editing, peer conferencing, and publishing for a specific audience.
- Everyone has a personalized Writer’s Notebook.
- Each child will be given a three-pocket writing portfolio to organize their writing and house writing tools, resources, and mentor pieces.
- Lessons will be conducted on grammar or mechanics to meet grade level requirements.