Links for Kids
Click here to download "Type to Learn" to your home computer. The Account Code is 143707
School Project Site Lists
1. Clip Art Gallery -Discovery School now makes it easy to add graphics to your next project, whether it's for home or school. Choose from hundreds of original clip art pieces, including animations!
2. Pics4Learning Pics4Learning is a copyright-friendly image library for teachers and students. The Pics4Learning collection consists of thousands of images that have been donated by students, teachers, and amateur photographers. Unlike many Internet sites, permission has been granted for teachers and students to use all of the images donated to the Pics4Learning collection
3. All About Butterflies -All About Butterflies is a comprehensive on-line hypertext book about butterflies It is designed for students of all ages and levels of comprehension. It has an easy-to-use structure that allows readers to start at a basic level on each topic, and then to progress to much more advanced information as desired, simply by clicking on links.
5. Enchanted Learning -produces children's educational web sites and games which are designed to capture the imagination while maximizing creativity, learning, and enjoyment
6. Explorers - Find information about Explorers from the Enchanted Learning web site.
Hall of Explorers HYPERLINK http://www.virtualology.com/virtualmuseumofhistory/hallofexplorers/
Notable Explorers HYPERLINK http://www.factmonster.com/spot/scibio3.html
General Explorer Information
Explorers from Google
Good for students to use for research and information on Early Explore
Good Teacher resources / direct students to them
7. Starfall.com - Where children have fun learning to read!
8. Learning Planet - interactive learning activities for Grades K - 6. This site includes crossword puzzles, memory games, word search, math games, geography quiz and more.
9. Mars -Information about Mars from the Enchanted Learning Web Site.
10. Preschool - Kindergarten Learning Planet - Interactive games: Number Train, Count Your Chickens, ABC Order, Mr. E's Memory Game, and TimeWorks.
11. Preschool - Kindergarten Activities Enchanted Learning - Many learning activities: Alphabet and Letters, K-3 Number Activities, Animal Book, Letter Printouts, Alphabet Book, Coloring Pages, Connect-the Dots, Nursery Rhymes, and much more.
12. Storybooks - read interactive story books and play games for Grades K -1. There is a Fun & Games section and coloring pages.
13. USGenWeb Kidz - http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgwkidz/
So you're exploring history in school by exploring your family history? This is the place where: You can add links to useful sites! You can post queries, to see if anyone else is researching your ancestors! You can post questions, if you can't find the answer easily!
14. Register to find Immigration Records - Click on "I Accept" to start the process.
15. Search for Immigration Records - After you have registered you may search for records. To make your search easier you should have the First and Last Name, residence at the time of departure, year arrived, and age on arrival. If you don't have all the information it is OK, but it will make the search easier if you have some information to start your search.
16. Nutrition & the Food Pyramid Mrs. Rollman's first graders want to teach you a little bit about the foods that are good for you. Click on the pyramid to learn about any of the food groups!
17. Culture Grams - Since its beginnings in 1974, the aim of CultureGrams has been to foster understanding and appreciation of the world's countries and peoples by creating and publishing excellent content. Today the CultureGrams series is one of the most trusted and widely used cultural reference and curriculum products in the education, government, and non-profit arenas. In 2004, the CultureGrams product line was acquired by ProQuest Information and Learning, a global leader in collecting, organizing, and distributing value-added information to researchers, faculty, and students in over 160 countries. This site does not require a password if used in school, but if you would like to explore this site outside of our building please see your teacher or Ms. Rosas for user name and password.
18. Instant Poetry Forms - A great website to create a poem.
19. HYPERLINK "http://www.bls.gov/search/ooh.asp?ct=OOH"U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook Handbook. Find information on different careers.
20. Finding Facts in what you read - From the Marco Polo website
21. The Future Channel - Connecting learning to the real world with videos. Check out Movie of the Week, Living and Working in Space, Hands-on-math, and problem solving.
26. Colonial Websites